Kale Pepita Pesto
A bright and colorful kale pepita pesto that is versatile and delicious!
- 1 1/2 Cup Kale, Ribs Removed & Firmly Packed
- 3/4 Cup Raw Pepitas
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Basil, Chopped & Loosely Packed
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Water, Depending on desired consistency (I used 1/2 Cup)
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor or powerful blender and pulse until the mixture becomes a fine paste.
- Add the water in a little at a time and pulse until you have your desired consistency. You may need to add salt depending on your taste preference.
This is yummy on zucchini noodles for a raw meal, or on warm pasta. We eat it on soba noodles often. I do have to double this recipe to feed all these hobbits. :)